I love granola and it makes the perfect breakfast or snack when paired with milk or Greek Yoghurt and berries.
Unfortunately so much shop-bought granola is full of sugar and jam-packed with raisons rather than the really good stuff like nuts and seeds.
So I decided to play around and have come up with an incredibly tasty, healthy and nutritious granola that even your little one with love!
3 cups of oats (I like a version that has spelt and barley in with the oats – can be bought from M&S but oats on their own are also fine)
1/4 cup walnuts (unsalted, unsweetened)
1/4 cup almonds (unsalted, unsweetened)
1/4 cup coconut flakes (unsalted, unsweetened)
1/4 cup sunflower seeds (unsalted, unsweetened)
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (unsalted, unsweetened)
1/2 cup agave syrup
1/2 cup organic coconut oil
Handful dried goji berries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Add all the nuts into a food processor and pulse (you only need to do this if you’re planning on feeding the granola to your little one. The nuts will otherwise be too big and they could choke on them)
- When the nuts are in small pieces add them, and the other dry ingredients, other than the goji berries, into a bowl and mix together
- Then add the agave syrup and mix together with a fork
- Add the coconut oil and evenly cover all the ingredients with it
- Place the mixture in a baking tray and spread it out so that it’s about 1cm high
- Place in the oven and bake for around 10 minutes and then stir, bringing the untoasted mix to the top and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool
- Sprinkle over the goji berries and serve, or place in an airtight container